Title: Quality Assurance Manager (QAM)
Job summary: The QAM will be responsible for strengthening the Quality of Laboratory services in Uganda. This position requires a strong understanding of quality management systems including but not limited to quality system implementation, design controls, design verification and audits of the system.
Reporting: This position reports to the Project Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and coordinate laboratory strengthening activities in laboratories.
- Oversee and supervise a team of Quality Assurance Specialists.
- Coordinate with NHLDS in the development of a sustainability plan for accreditation Labs.
- Coordinate waste management activities with NLHDS.
- Support the preparation and delivery of training to laboratory staff
- Attend seminars, lectures, meetings and professional conferences as required
- Consult and network with other public health laboratories and stakeholders; communicate findings to appropriate individuals and authorities as required by the Foundation.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in laboratory science plus 7 years involved in laboratory quality management services and training OR Master degree in the sciences preferred plus 4 years in laboratory quality management services. Knowledge of assessments against accepted national and international regulations.
- Must have a strong understanding of the medical laboratory quality system regulations, policies and standards; ISO 15189 &15190 and quality tools such as quality system auditing, process validation.
Time management and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have the ability to work well in a large team with minimal management oversight and willingness to serve in remote locations for an extended period of time
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and shifting deadlines.
Strong capacity building and TOT experience.
Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist (M&E)
Job summary: The M & E Specialist will be responsible for the measurement, M&E of all projects and programs at the Foundation. He/she will ensure consistency to objectives and success indicators of the project; and will spearhead the development and delivery of relevant reports against outcomes.
Reporting: The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will report to the Chief of Party.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of periodic M&E tools, indicators, frameworks, work plans and budgets and their implementation.
- Ensure that the Foundation has a sound M&E system that is in sync with the project and organization-wide goals by identifying performance indicators.
- Support and coordinate efficient data collection, analysis and reporting on performance indicators.
- Developing project strategies.
- Work closely with the project technical team and partners to ensure alignment of data collection and use from baseline to monitoring and closeout, and ensure that the processes are in alignment to MOH systems.
- Maintaining contact with the focal M&E persons of other project partners
- Ensure all project aspects comply with institutional requirements as well as those required by project donors.
- Ensure that there is a reliable up-to-date database of information of the project work and will be responsible for the timely and accurate production of project reports to relevant parties.
- Develop appropriate data management templates and format project activities.
- Support and coordinate efficient data collection, analysis and reporting on performance indicators by project team members and government counterparts.
- Support partners on using analysed data to inform programme quality control, to produce quality donor reports, to document lessons learned and programme impact and to inform future project development.
- Set up operational arrangements for collecting, analyzing and reporting project and program data.
Assist COP in preparing periodic reports on activities scheduled and financial status of all project components.
- Lead in preparing quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports and be a key member in preparing annual work plans.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors’ or Master’s degree in health, social sciences, statistics, Public Policy, Economics or relevant discipline from a recognized institution.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Project Management, Project M & E in public health/policy and donor-funded.
- Knowledge and experience in qualitative and quantitative data management techniques including proficient and skilful use of SPSS, STATA, EXCEL, Epi-info Software.
- Experience working with International Organizations, good knowledge of NGO and Local development agencies.
- Good communication and social skills.
Title: Business Support Officer
Job summary: The BSO will be responsible for developing, implementing and coordinating the organization’s risk management strategy, implement and maintain Business Continuity plans, protects assets by ensuring compliance with internal control procedures, and regulations, focused on helping businesses optimize operations and ensuring that their policies and procedures follow current regulations
Reporting: The Business Support Officer will report to the Deputy Director of Business Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development, auditing, testing and implementation of Business Continuity Plans.
- Regularly audit procedures, and their implementation to identify possible weaknesses or risk.
- Quality Assurance by ensuring systems are in place, developing relevant organizational and service-specific quality policies, compliance with prevailing legislation and health and safety procedures.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with any quality assurance system or service quality standards.
- Monitor and raise issues of non-compliance and Bring the organisation’s strengths and weaknesses to the attention of management together with advice on possible remedial actions.
- Capable of performing detailed financial analysis including advanced financial modelling, cash flow analysis and impact on the bottom line.
- Introduce a culture of Risk Management supported by policies and guidance.
- Heavy Involvement in budget implementation and financials of the Company.
- Participate in evaluating bids and tenders.
- Offer support to the finance manager
Qualifications, Experience and Key Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business administration or Accounting.
- Certification in Quality Management audit or Business Audit.
- At least three (3) plus years working in a busy NGO, donor-funded projects.
- Experience in planning, administration, and knowledge of different programs and systems.
- Knowledge of project management.
- Report writing skills.
- Ability to function independently and effectively in a self-directed environment.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, strong work ethics and demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Be able to show evidence of writing, editing, and proofing effective business documents and reports.
- Highly organized.
- Have good communication skills.
How to apply:
Interested persons who meet the above requirements should submit e-mail applications to email@example.com not later than Sunday, September 20, 2020. Copies of a current CV, cover letter and three professional referees should be provided as part of the submission.